Quality, Health and Safety Engineer/Manager
COMECA Group, 150 million turnover, 1,250 people – 20 industrial sites in France and 8 subsidiaries outside France (United Kingdom, Spain, Morocco, Algeria, Indonesia, Malaysia, United Arab Emirates, Australia), is a specialist in energy distribution, management and associated services. We are a major player in the industry, energy, infrastructure, building and transport markets.
We are a part of the ambitious HPC Project (the development of a nuclear plant based at Hinkley Point, UK) including about the electrical installation. Quality is essential for COMECA. That’s why we are looking for a Quality Manager, who will work on hybrid mode: part at our CUK offices in Stoke and part home office.
As a Quality Engineer/Manager, you will have the following accountabilities:
- Ensure that the process is in place to deliver right first time to client specification, in
conjunction with the Project Manager as appropriate. Where required provide training and
put measures in place to support this.
- Ensure inspection and test plans are in place.
- Ensure systems are in place, in conjunction with the Project Manager as appropriate, which
allow the required specification to be clearly agreed with customers, customers technical
representatives, project, sub-contractor supply chain.
- Ensure that the Quality Plan is being followed and that requirements are being met.
- Undertake internal and external quality audits
- Ensure with the assistance of the Quality team with external auditing governing bodies to
maintain existing certifications
- Provide quality improvement performance measures and recommendations, and share best
practice to ensure a continuous improvement culture
- By using the principles of quality assurance, and where appropriate technical Integrity,
ensure the customer requirements are clearly understood and that Quality Control
mechanisms are in place that provide assurance that the asset and/or service delivers as
- Produce project and/or business quality reports as required
- Support the delivery of business stream quality programs and actions
- Undertake specific investigations into non-conformances and/or report on quality related
issues as required.
- Ensure systems are in place and followed to manage customer changes either in the factory
or on site.
- Ensuring the business is fully up to speed with current and planned changes to HSE
- Ensure CDM requirements are met
- Carrying out investigations into HSE related incidents, ensuring emergency procedures are in
place, and that all required PPE is available
- Conducting risk assessments, advising managers on implementation including procedures,
communications, PPE and other safety related mechanisms
- Developing creative and innovative ideas to improve HSE performance
- Substantial practical experience in quality management in a relevant business environment
- Pays attention to detail and sees things through to completion
- Can deliver reports orally and written in an objective and persuasive manner
- Proactive person who manages their own time and seeks to add value to their function
- Has an enquiring and questioning approach to audit work
- Knowledge of the Nuclear sector or experience within a project-based organisation
- French speaking is an advantage
|Job Category||Quality / Safety|